- A client with Windows 10 sees a black screen after login. There are no desktop, icons, start menu or other screen items. The mouse icon / arrow does show.
- Access was gained using CTRL-SHIFT-ESCAPE and bringing up the Task manager. Performance manager is accessed via task manager.
- Windows Explorer is using 100% of one of the CPU cores, various windows services, mostly network services are using the rest of the CPU. disk usage fluctuates between 70% and 100%
- This looks like a windows update issue as windows update processes showing at various times
- Pushed Windows -L, Held down the shift key and restarted pc into safe mode. Same experience as above.
- Pushed Windows -L, Held down the shift key and restarted pc into recovery mode. Did a system restore back 8 days. Same result as above.
- Giving the Windows system time to settle down after system restore.