We have a had a complete ‘mare with Office today. 6 hours in and still trying to get it installed.
Steps (reboots inbetween):
- Standard install – Created live.microsoft.com account, downloaded installer and started. Error 30088-16
- Un-installed every version and component of Office individually, rebooted and tried again. Failed – Error 30088-16
- Ran Ms clean up – Quick fix to remove all traces of office. Ran registry cleanup (Piriform CCleaner) to remove all traces. Failed again. Quick Fix found here: https://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9815935
- Removed antivirus. Failed.
- Manually removed every trace, ran subinacl script to reset file and registry permissions, moved installer onto desktop and right click / Unblocked it. Ran as administrator. Failed. Stuck at 51% SubinACL script found below.
- Turned off Windows update, windows defender, firewall, spooler service, cleaned all temp files, rebooted. Got to 74% then failed again.
- Tried Office install repair – online. Found via Remove Programs and Apps in control panel. Choose Office installer, Clicked change button. Choose online repair. Failed at 74%
Office 2016 – with forced Live Microsoft account and online installer is a nightmare. Cant get links to off-line installer -all MS help docs fail to show it and it is now removed from Live Portal (along with all previous licences for Office 2010 and 2013 we used to have there. ).
Downloaded the following tool that lets you download full MS isos (legitimate and legal) : https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-and-office-iso-download-tool
- Downloaded MS Office ISO for off-line install
- Installed off-line.
- Had one error at the end of the install.
- Closed error box.
- Office worked after adding license key.
- Problem solved. No MS account required.