Microsoft are engaging in deceptive sales practices for people wishing to upgrade from Windows 7 / 8 to Windows 10.
If you Google get Windows 10, it offers a link to Microsoft’s get Windows 10 page. https://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/windows/get-windows-10
Go to the page
- Choose – update windows 7 or 8 computer (i.e. I have a machine already)
- It makes you take a quiz – no other options
- It asks four questions
- Is your PC fast
- Does your PC battery last
- Is your PCable to run multiple programs at once
- Do you care about security
- Answering 1,2,3 to say your computer is really fast, simultaneously loads and runs all programs you want and has a battery that lasts all day, still leads to Microsoft telling you your Pc isn’t suitable for Windows 10 and you should buy their Windows Surface Machine.
This is deceptive practice, and if a person is not tech savvy they will come to the conclusion that the only way to get Windows 10 is to get a new machine (and Microsoft says it should be their surface machines).
My son, needs Windows 10 as his study runs an app that requires Windows 10. Windows 7 and 8 and 8.1 wont work with the app. If we weren’t tech savvy we would now be throwing away his 4 core, 8 threads i7, with upgraded SSD drive and 8GB of ram to spend thousands on a surface machine.
Microsoft – this type of practice is not only morally corrupt, it is illegal in NZ. This is being reported to our commerce commission. I look forward to the results from them and will report back here when we get them.
Here’s the video of trying to get the upgrade.